The Electrostatic Discharge Control Training Program
A comprehensive, multimedia training program from Interactive Media Communications
to help your company effectively control unnecessary damage from electrostatic
discharge. Full-motion, video, audio, text, and graphics
are combined to create an engaging, effective training program. The program
is currently in use at many corporations and institutions throughout the
world including Motorola, Western Digital, Lucent Technology, and IBM.
- Designed to meet EOS/ESD Association Standards for ESD control and
ISO 9000 requirements.
- Covers manufacturing and service environments including clean rooms
and high voltage hazard areas.
- Includes specialized administrative software to track each student's
progress, stores a permanent record of their training, and generates detailed
- Developed with the participation of AT&T and Digital Equipment
- Available in CD-ROM and videotape/workbook formats.
This one disc CD-ROM course is available in an MPEG version (Item
# 3307-A) as well as an AVI version (Item # 3707-A). Both include a summary
and exercises on the topics listed.
Lesson 1: Static Electricity
- Overview of Static Electricity
- Mechanisms and environmental conditions for static electricity
Lesson 2: Electrostatic Discharge
- Benefits and Principles of ESD Protection
Lesson 3: Generation of Static Electricity
- Generation Objects and removal from controlled areas
- Controlling charges: Insulators, Ionizers and Topical Anti-Static
Lesson 4: Personal Grounding
- Different types of grounding: Hard, Resistive, and Common Point
- Wrist Strap Testing
- Wrist Strap Use
Lesson 5: Storage and Handling of ESD-Sensitive Components
- Transportation (with and without protective packaging)
Lesson 6: ESD Protection in the Plant
- General Concepts: entrance controls, static dissipating floor,
mobile equipment, protective clothing and footwear.
- Workstations: general purpose, test equipment, stand-up process,
high voltage, etc.
- Workstation features and control procedures.
Lesson 7: ESD Protection in the Field
- Characteristics, control tools, correct procedures, high voltage
Designed to highlight those areas which may require additional review.
For more information, please contact:
| Home Page | Company
Profile | Product Information | Overview
of Interactive Training | Courseware Development
Program | Register for Future Announcements
Copyright (c) , Interactive Media Communications, Inc.
All Rights Reserved